is a small town in the conty of Orgères-in-Beauce. Mentioned under the
name of Tilietum-Pagani, Tilletum in 1198, Teillay-le-Pesneux in 1629.
The name comes from the lime-trees present on the territory since a long time.
Close to the locality of Soignoles stand the dolmen known as the Godon stone. Excavations were carried out there by Guy Richard, of the regional service of the Archaeology of Orleans. It brought its classification under the Historical Monuments in 1979.
At the time of the excavations, about fifty individuals were found (30 adults and of 12 children). According to a dating with carbon-14, they were buried between -3400 and -3000 before J. - C.
On the architectural level, 5 stones out of limestone or grinding, originaly verticals, delimited space where deaths were deposited. A small flagstone in cover into grinding of 2,3 m by 2,2m covered and determined the funerary room.
addition to the human remainders, osseous teeth and fragments, the
sediments of the room included some small objects out of cut flint
or bone and rare fragments of pottery. A furniture which makes it
possible to specify two periods of use of the sepulchre. The first at
the end of the average Neolithic era was completed by partial collapse of the flagstone of cover on the ground of the funerary room. This
event which was perhaps natural on other excavated sites was caused by
the last users of the sepulchre.
During the second period of use, in the final Neolithic era, other dead people are deposited in the content of the room after being introduced vertically. A pollinic analysis of the sediment contained in a cranium gives some information on the environment of the megalith at the time of the burial in particular the existence of corn fields rather distant but revealing of an agricultural activity as well as the presence of limes which will still stand until the modern time as the name of the village testifies it.
This monument was saved in extremis from destruction in 1975.