08 août 2007

The dolmen of Pierre Luteau in Ruan (Loiret)

Ruan, whose name means “Street” in Old Latin, was called “Ruata” into 870. It was discovered there an old Gallo-Roman villa. This village has a church of XIIth century, Saint-Felix. A dolmen was found, Pierre Luteau, nested in the middle of the fields, nearest the locality “Le Montant”. It is property of the district and was registered in the historic buildings in 1992.He suffered, but remains a rather rare witness of the Neolithic time in Beauce.  Many legends are attached to it, hawked by the popular tradition,... [Lire la suite]
Posté par madame_dulac à 14:10 - - Commentaires [0] - Permalien [#]

08 août 2007

The Godon stone, in Tillay-le-Peneux (Eure et Loir)

Tillay-le-Peneux is a small town in the conty of Orgères-in-Beauce. Mentioned under the name of Tilietum-Pagani, Tilletum in 1198, Teillay-le-Pesneux in 1629. The name comes from the lime-trees present on the territory since a long time.Close to the locality of Soignoles stand the dolmen known as the Godon stone. Excavations were carried out there by Guy Richard, of the regional service of the Archaeology of Orleans. It brought its classification under the Historical Monuments in 1979. At the time of the excavations,... [Lire la suite]
Posté par madame_dulac à 14:09 - - Commentaires [0] - Permalien [#]
08 août 2007

The church St. Lawrence d' Outarville

Outarville is a city of 750 inhabitants. Located in Beauce at 20 km in the West of Pithiviers, it is bordering the Eure et Loir. The St. Lawrence church was remade in XVIIth and was restored at the XIXth century. Registered with the additional inventory of the historic buildings, it has a before-porch of XIXth, which shelter a Roman gate with semicircular arch, its bell is dated 1656.It is the third church of Outarville. The first was built during the XIIth century. The cemetery was joined there, in the south, where the... [Lire la suite]
Posté par madame_dulac à 14:08 - - Commentaires [0] - Permalien [#]