11 juin 2007

Sainte-Marie's church of Chappes

The church belonged to a proeuré monastery whose documents of 907,1095 and 1124 prove the existance. This religious community depended on the abbey of Souvigny and profited a long time from liberalities from the dukes from Bourbon. It ceased existing in the middle of XVIème century for unknown reasons to date. Many indices leave think that the buildings were located at the south and the east of the church. The church The bell-tower rises to about thirty meters to the vertical of the chorus. One will notice the cord... [Lire la suite]
Posté par madame_dulac à 15:06 - - Commentaires [0] - Permalien [#]