11 juin 2007

Saint Andre Church

The name of the borough of the coast Saint Andre come from “Santi Andréa of Costa”, appeared for the first time on documents at the average age. This city is thus old and has many buildings presenting an architecture of the XI ème, XVI ème and XIX ème centuries.The Coast-Saint-Andre, capital of the Beaver, ideally are placed at crossroads between Vienna and Valence, Lyon and Grenoble. Located at 400 meters of altitude, on the blank of a slope, it offers a broad panorama on the Alps and lets guess the relief of the... [Lire la suite]
Posté par madame_dulac à 18:01 - - Commentaires [0] - Permalien [#]

11 juin 2007

The market

The Markets, a building in vault with wood frame, were built towards the end of the 13th century by Maître Jacques of St George.The exact date of construction of the building undoubtedly ranges between 1257 and 1309, date from which it is mentioned a “house of market”. With 76 meters length on approximately 29 broad, it is about the one of the vastest markets of medieval France. The roof, with four sides, is made of timber of the area.The Market is made up of five alleys. Formerly, each one was reserved to the of the same... [Lire la suite]
Posté par madame_dulac à 18:00 - - Commentaires [0] - Permalien [#]
11 juin 2007

Remarkable trees

The coast Saint Andre has two trees more than centenaries, two willows, which unfortunately soon will be encircled by an allotment, way of Pollard.One of them presents an original association: an ash, of about fifty years, pushed in the middle of its trunk. They are for the moment in the middle of rubble, and the noise of the bulldozers must break well the ears of those which could have found refuge in their foliages…
Posté par madame_dulac à 17:59 - - Commentaires [0] - Permalien [#]